We are NO LONGER a manga group, but rather a production company. We are currently going through some changes which will be cleared up very soon. Thank you for your patience.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Questions about the plot

Go down 
AuthorMessage
くろ

PostSubject: Questions about the plot   Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:20 am

okay.... I don't know if I should have posted this as a response to the plot summary post, but it's not official info, just some questions.

I thought it was very interesting, and though it was a bit long, it was pretty easy to get through. There were some grammar mistakes, but nothing unreadable. Most of it was background info, so I'm guessing the actual story starts somewhere in the last 2-3 paragraphs. Here are just some things I think I might not have completely understood. I have some idea why, but since it wasn't explicitly written, and I don't want to assume, I'll just ask:

1. Why do you need 2 groups of knights? (the Celestial Star Alliance and Divine Requiem Knights) Is there a big difference between them that they needed to form two groups with the same purpose?

2. Why did the Sun Hikarimono get angry if they were trying to save Earth? If they managed to make everyone good, wouldn't that be better? Why would he be opposed to that?

3. If the Hikarimono are immortal beings with pure hearts, then why is Sun trying to KILL moon and Earth ? It wouldn't be possible to kill Moon since she's immortal though...
a. "The Sun fought against each Hikarimono kingdom, destroying all the people who lived there[...]" Again, that seems really evil and unnecessary. Did the sun just turn evil? Why is he fighting EVERYONE now? They were against his idea, so he wants to kill everyone and rule the universe...?

4. Why did the 4 beasts switch sides if they were "loyal"?

5. Why, after allowing everyone else to be killed, did Saturn suddenly decide to sacrifice himself?

6. Is the child (moon and Earthling's) also immortal? Is this character important in the present-day story?

7. Why, when he is dying, is the Sun using his power to grant his enemy a wish? He just realized how wrong he was?

8. So the universe went back to how it originally was, but the Hikarimono were all sent to Earth. What about the citizens of those other planets? Do they still live on their planets?

9. you didn't write much about the actual story, so my only question about that right now is: of the characters listed, how many are the reincarnations? They all seem about the same age, so do they all go to the same school?

I know the character profiles aren't finished yet, and it seems like you put a LOT of thought into it. Very detailed.
Did you have kanji for the characters' names? I just like to know what the names mean, if there's a meaning behind it ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the plot   Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:12 am

Well HnK is an RP on gaiaonline created by me, so I just c+p'd the plot, since I wasn't going to rewrite the entire thing.

Answers to your questions.
1. CSA = girls. DRK = boys. They might have the same purpose but they have different ways of going about it and don't see eye to eye, so they're almost like rivals in that sense.

2. The Sun Hikarimono doesn't agree with what they're doing, he doesn't want his beloved (Moon) going anywhere near such a dark and foul place. He sees himself above Earth and would rather destroy the whole planet of Earth rather than putting time and energy into trying to save it.

3. Gods can kill gods, there's always that concept in mythology and that most definitely applies here as well. The Hikarimono might be the only beings with pure hearts, but why should the Sun care as long as he lives? In his mind, the Moon, who was his lover, completely scorned and betrayed him. People do horrible things when they're betrayed and hurt, especially if they're the over emotional type. Yes, he did turn evil, he was scorned, hurt and betrayed, he felt he had no one left and so, he didn't want anyone else to have anyone either.

4. Plot device XD there's many reasons why the beasts could've switched sides, whether it was seeing how malicious Sun Hikarimono really was, or whether it was gaining another connection to someone else in a way that they had never really felt before. Beasts can be tamed and controlled, it just happened that 4 of them were able to be controlled by other people.

5. Because Saturn had always watched the Moon from afar, it was his bruised heart, from her choosing someone else, that he decided to side with Sun Hikarimono since they were now officially in the "same boat". What Saturn realized though was that it was never worth it to kill thousands of people to make up for the way you were feeling in side, it was this feeling that resonated within him when he looked at Earth that he decided to do one last good thing.

6. He's a demi-god, so you could consider him immortal if you wish. Yes, he is important in the story as he is reborn alongside the rest of them.

7. Moon was never really his enemy, she was his lover that he cherished very much, who betrayed him. In the end, he still loved her and didn't want her to remember him in a way where he had done horrible things to her and her family and friends because he was hurt. Yes, he did realize how wrong he was, which is why he grants her the last wish.

8. Citizens of those other planets still exist, yep. Basically the same thing happens, the Hikarimono's parents go to Earth to save it and end up getting mixed up with Mortals, which is what leads the path to the others being reborn on Earth to the relatives/ancestors of previous Hikarimono.

9. All of them that are listed are reincarnations. Each main character is a reincarnation, other characters that aren't will be those characters siblings or other minor characters. Yes, they all go to the same school, they go to a private international school in Japan. I can't write much about the actual story due to the fact that it's an RP on gaia and the story depends on what people post XD ;;; But a script for chapter one is around 70% finished.

As for kanji for characters names I might have a few... but I don't know if they're accurate lulul ;;; sorry
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://motionsproject.canadian-forum.com
くろ

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the plot   Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:49 am

oaahhh. Okays. I see. Didn't know that.
I did guess some of it wrong, so thanks for clearing it up. Link to the RP? ^^ I cant find it for some reason.

Another question: why is it called Hachimitsu no Kiss?
I dont get the connection. Or is that one of the things that you'd rather not spoil now by telling?

Japanese Names: http://jisho.org/words?jap=&eng=&dict=enamdic
I like this website ^

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the plot   Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:59 am

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/series-related-miscellaneous-role-play/a-m-u-n-ssu/t.63108102_16/ ]Here is the roleplay[/url]. And no problem about clearing up the questions XD A lot of it isn't clear since the plot write up is very broad.

Also it's called "Honey Kiss" due to Umeko (main character) being compare her to a honeybee. She makes videos on a video sharing site (like youtube) and her channel is called "Jar of Honey" and she's just kind-of sweet like honey, haha XD But since it was her wish that allowed everyone to live again in peace, it's pretty much like she gave them a kiss of innocence or affection to help them start over, so a play on that is kind of like "A kiss of honey". So that's where we came up with Hachimitsu no Kissu, which mean Honey Kiss.

Ohh~ Ill check that site out.
Back to top Go down
くろ

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the plot   Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:09 am

Thanks for the link! There's probably a lot of stuff I'll understand better from reading the original source.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the plot   Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:27 am

No problemo~ If you have anymore questions feel free to ask~
Back to top Go down
くろ

PostSubject: Questions from the RP   Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:21 pm

About the school uniform... I know there's a link on the RP to a picture, but is that an original design? Just curious, 'cuz if it's not, you won't be able to use it for the manga...

They only have 4 classes a day??

What does this stuff in pink parentheses mean?? (Ex: beauty, starshine, facade, grace crystal) Something like what they need to join that group/activity? Or what they earn from being in it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the plot   Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:29 pm

Nope, it's not XD but don't worry, I redesigned one for the manga and it's right hereee C: I also have it listed down what each girl wears in terms of their uniform and how they personalize it. The boys is pretty simple, its' just a light gray dress shirt with a darker gray (same colour as the girls vests and skirts). They also get a choice between a gray cardigan and a black peacoat.

Yep, only 4 classes a day that last about an hour and 15 minutes long. Keep in mind its an international school, so the curriculum and schedule is based off of North America. It's also inspired by Yokohama International, which is a real school in Japan that you can look up if you wish XD

Nahh. Each character has a codename, "Starshine, Beauty, Love" ect. The parentheses means who is in what group XD
Back to top Go down
くろ

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the plot   Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:36 pm

O_O wait.. you draw nice! Why aren't you illustrating your own story????????

Okay...'cuz until college, we had 8 classes per day. Then does everyone take the same classes, or is it like college even in the lower grade schools?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the plot   Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:43 pm

UHH~ lolll cause I can't like /really/ draw. I can draw but its... meh XD lulul
My skills aren't up to par XD;;; DKJBVJSB plus I'm a better writer than a drawer, I think XD

UHMMM~ yeah, in my school we had 4 classes a day XD So I just based it off that, haha. We had 8 classes a semester, so one semester would be 4 classes, then 2nd semester would be the other four.

Hrmm, no not everyone would take the same classes, I wouldn't think... o wo it's kind of like... XD It's like college? I guess... o wo my school was like... grade 9 all 7 courses were chosen for you, so you got to choose one. Grade 10: all 6 courses are chosen for you, you choose two. Grade 11: 2 courses are chosen for you, you pick the other 6. Grade 12: One course is chosen for you, you choose the other 7. So, I was thinking their school would jut be that way as well, since I know that system best XD And then we got to choose our levels so there was like.. Workplace, Applied, Academic, Enriched and AP

As for the lower grades, it'd just be like.. o wo regular school? XD like everything is picked for them and they'd all be in the same class sort-of deal like middle school/elementary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the plot   

Back to top Go down

Questions about the plot
Page 1 of 1